Lemon Chicken Piccata
Easy, delicious dinner recipe that makes great leftovers!
- 1.5 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breast pounded to ½ inch thickness or cut thin
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp blanced almond flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp ghee divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lemon sliced
- ¼ cup capers drained
- Pound or cut chicken breasts into 1/2" thickness. Season with sea salt & pepper, both sides
- Heat large skillet over medium/medium high heat. On plate mix almond flour, flaxseed meal, and garlic power for dredging. Add 2 tbsp ghee to skillet.
- Once ghee and pan heated, one at a time dredge the chicken through the flour mix until coated and place in skillet. Cook about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through and the outside is golden brown. Once cooked, remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium low/medium. Add onion, cook until translucent. Add broth, lemon juice, white cooking wine, and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken back to skillet, lower heat to simmer for flavor. Serve over cauliflower rice or veggie noodles.