Chicken Spinach Artichoke Soup
This soup is packed with protein, veggies and tastes so good!
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 3 tbsp ghee or avocado oil
- 1 med onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbso tapioca flour
- 4-5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat canned
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1½ tsp stone ground mustard
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 4-5 oz fresh spinach chopped
- 14 oz can artichokes hearts drained and chopped
- 1 can navy beans rinsed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat ghee or avocado oil over medium heat. Add onion and stir to coat, until soft and fragrant.
- Add the garlic, season with sea salt & peper and cook another minute.
- Add tapioca flour to mix and stir, then stir in the broth. Bring to a boil, soup will thicken as it cooks.
- Once boiling and thick, lower to a simmer and add chicken, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, mustard, lemon juice, and navy beans.
- Stir in spinach, then artichoke hearts, and simmer 5 minutes to blend flavor. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enoy!
This pairs well with protein bread!