Coconut Milk Ice Cream
A creamy and delightful alternative ice cream!
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- ½ cup maple syrup, honey, or other alternative sweetener
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Whisk together 1/2 cup coconut milk and arrowroot starch and set aside.
- Combine the remaining coconut milk, maple syrup, and salt in a sauce pan over low heat until maple syrup or sweetener used is combined.
- Add coconut milk and arrowroot starch mixture to sauce pan and stir to combine until thick and syrupy.
- Heat until thickened 6-8 minutes but do not boil. Add vanilla and remove from heat.
- Pour into a metal loaf pan and freeze 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and scrape into a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until creamy.
- Repeat these last two steps x2.
- Combine ice cream one last time and enjoy! May store up to 2 months in freezer!