Immune boosting and easy to make recipe.
- 4 cups filtered water
- ⅔ cup dried elderberries can also use 1 ⅓ cup fresh or frozen elderberries
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup raw honey
- Combine water, elderberries, ginger, cinnamon, cinnamon sticks, and ground cloves into a med saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Let simmer 45 mins-1 hour until liquid is reduced by half.
- Set mesh strainer over glass jar or bowl. Pour elderberry syrup and berries into mesh strainer.
- Using a spoon or other flat utensil, gently mash berries to drain any remaining liquid.
- Discard elderberries and let syrup cool until lukewarm.
- Add honey and mix well.
- Store in mason jar or glass bottle. Store in the fridge to take as needed for immune boosting benefits. (Recommended to take during week only or at onset of illness.)